Image #2 Shows Adjustable Rebound Style Shock. This Models Does Not Include Adjustable Rebound Knob.
Street Performance IFP shocks are our V-twin specific, bolt-on suspension upgrade with 40 years of suspension heritage baked in. Customize your set-up with preload adjustment, length options, and spring rate choices. Whether you're cruising Sturgis or scraping floorboards on The Tail of The Dragon, Street Performance IFP delivers on style, performance, and an overall quality damped ride.
- Model-specific optimized ride tune
- Gas-charged mono-tube, with internal floating piston (IFP)
- 1.5"" 6061-T6 aluminum type III hard anodized body
- Fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Advanced high-flow, deflective disk, velocity-sensitive damping
- 1/2"" low friction, super-finished hard chrome shaft
- Matte Black spring
- Available with standard or heavy duty spring rates
- Available in standard 13"" or low 12"" lengths
- Contrast-cut aluminum billet preload adjuster and spring seat
Spring preload adjustability is used for setting sag or vehicle ride height. As a general rule, your sag should be 35% to 45% of full wheel travel, in order to provide optimal traction. To increase sag, you want to turn the spring preload ring counter-clockwise when the shock is viewed from the top. Alternatively, if you want to decrease sag (increase vehicle ride height), turn the spring preload ring clockwise.