- 100% new - not remanufactured!
- Special pinion shaft threads and extended jackshaft bolt allow for a wider range of applications
- Starters feature oversize clutch rollers, cold headed steel idler gears and armature hairpins that are resistance-fused to the armature
- All 90-06 starters are supplied with 10/32 threaded output shafts
- 1.4kW is a new replacement unit for stock and slightly modified engines; generates more power than the OEM stock starter
- 1.6kW is a new replacement unit with oversized copper wound field coils that provide starting power for big-inch engines while placing less stress on the battery; measures approximately 1/2"" longer in the field case than a 1.4kW starter
- 1.7kW is a new replacement unit for highly modified engines in touring bikes, featuring a permanent magnet motor coupled to the OEM-style offset gear reduction case making a drop-in solution to hard-starting touring bikes (due to the high in rush current of a permanent-magnet motor a minimum 300 CCA battery is recommended with 4-gauge battery cables)
- Available in black or chrome finish
- Made in the U.S.A. and Canada
NOTE: OEM Hitachi starters for pre-89 Big Twin measure 51/4"". OEM Prestolite starters for pre-89 Big Twin measure 6"".
NOTE: For optimum performance, use with Drag Specialties battery and battery cables.