Hey this is Reuben with Competition Accessories and we just wanted to make a quick video on how you change the face shield out on the Arai helmet. A lot of people get intimidated by Arai helmet face shields because of the side pod they have where you cant see whats going behind it. What we have done on this helmet here is we installed a clear pod so we could give you a better look at the inner workings of the base plate mechanism and show you how it works. Basically to remove the face shield what I want you to see is this little gray lever here, there are one of those on each side of the helmet. When you raise your shield to the top position those will pop out. Now if your helmet is a little older or a little worn out they might not pop all the way out like a brand new helmet. With the face shield all the way up you just need to lift those levers all the way up. Once you have lifted those until they click, to take the shield off is very simple, you are just going to grab it from the top , rotate it back and pull it off. It comes right off really quickly. You will see guys out at the track if you watch racing at all like the isle of man for instance, they will pull into the pits and they swap face shields on or off in just a matter of seconds. It is one of those things you have to get the hang of. To reinstall the shield is a little trickier, there is a horse shoe shape cut out on the end of the shield here, that's going to line up with the top curve on the helmet or the pod and with the clear ones you can see the round tab that its going to slide over. Your going to slide that in on both sides and its not going to really click or anything, you just have to get it down and on to there like that. Once its in I find it easier to have the helmet facing away from you and then you are just going to close the shield. When you close the shield what happens is this opening this cut out right here slides over that little notch right there, so that is what limits the shield as It opens. That's how to change the Arai face shield out, hopefully that helps you out. You can go to our youtube channel if you click on this link in the upper right hand corner and subscribe to us. We have a lot detailed videos on helmets and other products. You can also check us out on facebook and check us out online, see you next time.
ACT NOW! The 2012 Isle of Man Arai Corsair V is going to go fast. There are only going to be 216 total in the US. So you will need to act fast. The 2011 IOM went fast and it was a run of 500 helmets. We have locked up a big chunk of the production, so order yours now to ensure you do not miss out on this collectors edition lid!
Peripheral Belting (New)
- This belt, devised by Arai for its most-recent generation of Formula-1 helmets, extends across the forehead area of the shell above the eye opening
- It further enhances the Corsair-V's structural integrity while still maintaining flexibility, low weight, and shell size
- Like its predecessor, the new Corsair-V has Arai's most-advanced SNC (Structural Net Composite) shell construction
Wider Eyeport (New)
- Here is a real-world example of Arai's philosophy of interrelated parts (mentioned above)
- The forehead-shell strengthening of the Peripheral Belt has allowed Arai to introduce a new 10mm-wider eyeport opening (5mm at each side) on the new Corsair-V, thereby further enhancing the rider's peripheral vision
- The fact that this new feature will be most beneficial to racers, the eyeport also underscores the fact that Arai is, at heart, still a "racing" company whose advancements aid all riders
Series "I" Faceshield (New)
- The new wider eyeport required a new, wider faceshield
- Called the Series "I" faceshield, it is exclusive to the Corsair-V
- The new shield fits even more flush against the shell than the previous Corsair's
- So flush, in fact, that Arai says "It almost looks like a continuation of the shell" and requires two small sliders just in front of the side-pods to keep the shield from contacting the helmet's upper shell when raised
AirWingÂ® (New, Patented)
- Arai's exclusive, adjustable new AirWingÂ® is designed to greatly reduce drag, turbulence and buffeting
- It provides the rider with unprecedented aerodynamic performance options via five distinct, easily hand-adjustable "attack angles"
- At race speeds, or a full-tuck position, run the AirWingÂ® in a lower position;
- Riding Sport or Standard-style bikes, run the AirWingÂ® in one of the middle positions;
- In an upright riding position, it works best at one of the upper angles
Outward-Flaring Hyper-Ridge (New design)
- The biggest difference between the newest generation of Arai's Hyper-Ridge feature and its predecessors sticks right out at you: Whereas the previous ridge curved in, this one flares out
- This results in a larger opening at the helmet's bottom, making the helmet easier to get on and off
- The company hopes this new outward flare will aid more riders in choosing the right-size helmet because it's easier to get on than inward-curving shell bottoms
- "The Hyper-Ridge reinforcement band circles the bottom of the shell, adding shell strength. This added strength at the bottom of the shell is also said to help in "significantly lowering the helmet's center of gravity, contributing to a better overall balance and making the helmet rest easier on the rider's head"
Compact Organic Shell Shape (Retained feature)
- The new Corsair-V's shell shape is even more compact and aerodynamic than the Corsair's
- DF-10 Diffuser (New)- The new generation of Arai diffuser has enhanced air inlets to increase airflow efficiency even better than the original Corsair. It also adds a new second air-intake slot in the middle of the diffuser body to create a higher venturi effect and further increase the venting of stale air faster.
- New larger upper vent toggles make operating the vents, even with thick gloves, easier than before. Additionally, the center Top Vent has been re-sculpted to provide more air intake; it too has a larger easier-to-operate toggle.
- Side-Vent Exhaust Ports (New design) - These newly-designed vent cowls exhaust heat more efficiently. And because of the way they are now "sculpted" into the new rearshell shape, they have also been shown in Arai's extensive testing to work in concert with the AirWingÂ® to greatly add lateral stability at speed. (Arai test riders have reported this benefit is most noticeable on the track when popping back up into the airflow under braking.)
- New Brow-Vent Channeling (Modified design) - Arai's distinctive faceshield Brow Vents now send incoming air to the temple instead of to the face. The new channeling directs air to the ear area missed by many helmet ventilation systems. The airflow over the temple artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area.
- Emergency Cheekpad Release System (New) - In answer to the literally thousands of rider inquiries asking whether this groundbreaking Arai safety innovation introduced in Arai's VX-Pro3 dirt helmet would ever been incorporated into a street helmet, the answer is now "Yes." Arai's Emergency-Release Cheek Pad System was specifically developed to allow easier access to an injured rider. The cheekpads are designed to slide out easily with the use of integrated pull-tabs, which makes removing the helmet much easier for trained medical technicians. This feature also underscores what Arai thinks is a meaningful "advancement" in helmet design. As Mr. Arai said, "We are in the helmet business, not the fashion business."
- Removable/Replaceable Vented Neckroll (New) - The Corsair-V's neckroll is now removable and replaceable, and adds an additional exhaust vent through its bottom via shallow channels in the EPS liner, adding yet another ventilation outlet for the removal of interior air.
- Latest-Generation Dry-CoolÂ® Liner (New design) - Distinguished by its silver-grey color, Arai's Dry-CoolÂ® liner has repositioned the rear mounting-snaps closer to the liner bottom for a more secure fit, making it exclusive to the Corsair-V
- Helmet Weight: 3 lbs. 14 oz. (1758g)
Review this Product
for a chance to win a $100 gift card.
Beautiful limited edition - Motomanbill CA
Recommended by Reviewer: Yes
Pros: Quality, Style, Fit Beautiful paint job
For those special occasions
||Currently Not Available for Order
||Currently Not Available for Order