The 2012 British Superbike season is only 136 days away. (They have a countdown clock on their site.) The BSB has just released the 2012 calendar, which will take the British Superbike Riders around Britain for 26 races during 12 rounds.
32 riders will be filling out 16 teams from 6 different manufacturers during the 2012 British Superbike season.
The 2012 BSB season will kick off on Easter weekend at Brands Hatch before heading to Thruxton and Oulton Park. The 2012 BSB season will venture to all 8 of the major UK circuits, but the riders will also venture to the historic Assen circuit for the first time in 2012. Assen, known as “The Cathedral,” has been hosting MotoGP races since 1949.
The season will end with a three round showdown at Assen, Silverstone, and Brands Hatch in mid-October.
Jonathan Palmer, Chief Executive, MotorSport Vision said: ”The 2012 BSB calendar is the strongest ever and this is a tribute to the extraordinary health of BSB amidst tough economic conditions that are a major challenge to many other series. It has always been a priority for MSVR to drive down the costs of competing in BSB with sport-leading technical regulations whilst driving up the quality of the show. As a result BSB is becoming ever more attractive to manufacturers, teams, riders, sponsors, circuits and fans, which means 2012 is likely to be BSB’s best year yet.”
Here’s the complete 2012 BSB Calendar
- 126.96.36.199 – April – Brands Hatch Indy
- 13.14.15 – April – Thruxton
- 5.6.7 – May – Oulton Park International
- 25.26.27 – May – Snetterton 300
- 22.23.24 – June – Knockhill
- 6.7.8 – July – Oulton Park International
- 20.21.22 – July – Brands Hatch GP
- 25.26.27 – August – Cadwell Park
- 7.8.9 – September – Donington Park GP
- 21.22.23 – September – TT Circuit Assen (NL)
- 28.29.30 – September – Silverstone GP
- 12.13.14 – October – Brands Hatch GP