The Tourmaster Solution 2 Boot and the AXO Q2 Touring boots are by far the industry’s best waterproof motorcycle boots out there for your money. Although both of these boots are primarily for use when riding they are both comfortable enough to walk around in without looking or feeling out of place. The design of the Tourmaster Solution 2.0 boot is the replacing model of the Tourmaster Solution motorcycle boot.
The Tour Master’s Solution 2.0 Waterproof Boot and AXO’s Q2 Watertech Motorcycle Boot are commonly used by Street and Touring riders.
In comparing the AXO Q2 Watertech Boot with the Tourmaster Solution 2.0, the AXO Q2 Boot has a more dimensional grip and traction on the sole. The AXO Q2’s intricate traction pattern and Oil resistant sole creates the perfect combination for wet conditions on the road.
The AXO boots have unique TecnoGI thermoplastic heel cup and toe cap. The heel cup and toe cap can help extend the life of the boots, because they take the brunt of the abuse when on the bike and stopped at a light.
The best way to avoid a problem while on the road is to start off with the proper equipment and with the Tour Master Boots or the AXO Q2 Watertech Boots you’re ready for just about anything the road can throw at you. Both Motorcycle Boots have a host of features and at $99.99 and $107.99, these boots are a real bargain.
If you’re concerned with overall flexibility when wearing either the Solution 2.0 or the AXO Q2 Watertech boot they both have a wide range of movement. The range of motion is particularly important for comfort off the bike. If your boot does not bend you will not want to use them off the bike.
The Tourmaster Solution 2.0 Boot offers the added protection of a Scotchlite reflective oval on the heel for better visibility where the AXO Q2 does not. With the look and feel of a standard boot, both boots allow you to ride and use them off the bike.
Personally, I like the shifter pad on the Solution 2 boot compared to the AXO Q2’s Inlaid molded shifter pad. However if you prefer a shifter pad with more of a grip then the AXO Q2’s shifter pad would be a better option. AXO Q2’s Inlaid molded shifter pad allows extra protection against fatigue and bruising on the top of the foot from long rides.
Getting the boot on and off is comparable on both the Solution 2.0 and the AXO Q2. The Solution 2.0’s zipper is longer and the Velcro has more flexibility to it than the AXO Q2. The interior lining of the Solution 2.0 WP boot is a breathable material that keeps moisture out but also allows your foot to breath to keep from excessive sweating and adding comfort to your ride.
Either boot offers superior protection and comfort when riding. Compare for yourself and see the product features below of each. Both the Tourmaster Solution 2.0 Waterproof motorcycle boot and the AXO Q2 Watertech Motorcycle Boot are above the industry’s standards for waterproof motorcycle boots. Both are now available at Competition Accessories.
- Water-repellent leather and PU upper
- HiPora® waterproof, breathable membrane
- 3M ScotchLite™ on rear area for night time safety
- VR single density compound sole for reliable grip
- Auto lock zipper covered with adjustable Velcro® flap
- Leather stretch panels for better comfort and durability
- Molded nylon shin and ankle guard backed with shock absorbing material
- Shock absorbing latex foam on flex panels
- Leather shift pad
- TecnoGI® thermoplastic heel cup and toe cap
- Preformed orthopedic vibration absorbing foot bed
- Synthetic outer with pressure molded embellishments
- An overlapping shin and upper is combined with a accordion style stretch instep and heel panel
- The shin is reinforced with a PU backed fabric plating while the heel, calf and toe box are all supported internally
- Rugged synthetics are used to cover and protect the medial side zipper closure
- The top of the boot is sealed with a stretch gaiter and Velcro tab
- A sport/touring fit ensures a comfortable non-slip heel and instep when riding or walking
- The Q2 features a PU molded shifter pad to guard the top of the foot and boot
- The unique 3 color sole is matted to a reinforced mid sole and removable foot bed liner