Hill set a blisteringly fast 45.499 second lap during the second free practice session at Brands Hatch, but he was closely tailed by his teammate Michael Laverty, who finished just .008 seconds behind.
“The Swan Yamaha is feeling good, but we know we can still do more,” Hill said after the practice session. “We did as many laps as we could as I have done less mileage than some of the other guys when I missed the test. We are feeling happy and hopefully we can continue that tomorrow for qualifying.”
The HM Plant Honda duo of Ryuichi Kiyonari and Shane Byrne were the next across the line. King Kiyo was quickest Honda during the free practice session, finishing just 03 seconds behind the Swan Yamaha duo. Shakey came in just .005 seconds behind his teammate.
To say that there is a lot of competition in the BSB is an understatement. The top four riders finished within a tenth of a second of one another, and the top 10 were all within a half second of the leader.
The BSB will have one more practice session tomorrow before the qualifying. The first race of the 2011 British Superbike series will be on Monday.
British Superbike – Second Free Practice Results – Brands Hatch
- Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 45.499s
- Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +0.008s
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.032s
- Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +0.037s
- John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.229s
- Dan Linfoot (Sorrymate.com Honda) +0.295s
- Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.418s
- Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.425s
- Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.425s
- Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.500s
Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com