The first round of the 2011 British Superbike season is underway and Shane “Shakey” Byrne is leading the way. Shakey set the fastest time during the final testing session at Brands Hatch, finishing .17 seconds ahead of John Hopkins.
There were two red flags during the final testing session at Brands Hatch. The first involved Dennis Hobbs, who had to be taken to the medical center after suffering a concussion. The second red flag occurred a few minutes later when Glen Richards crashed out, and the track was inspected for oil.
When the BSB riders get back on the track, Byrne captured the top spot on the time sheets. Hill would take the lead, then Brookes, but in the final two minutes Byrne set a 45.777 lap time which could not be matched.
British Superbike – Friday’s Final Testing Session
- Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) 45.777s
- John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.170s
- Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) +0.276s
- Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.297s
- Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +0.355s
- Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.355s
- Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.383s
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.471s
- Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.618s
- Dan Linfoot (Sorrymate.com Honda) +0.656s
Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com