Shane Byrne and Tommy Hill went at it again during the second race at Brands Hatch, but this time Hill got the advantage. Hill won the second race at Brands Hatch today, beating out Ryuichi Kiyonari and Byrne.
Shakey led for the majority of the race, but was overtaken by Hill on the 14th lap. Byrne lost another place when he went wide at the Paddock Hill Bend and was overtaken by his teammate Kiyonari.
“It has been a long four days as it has been the most I have ridden for a while,” Hill said. “Last week I was concerned about my elbow and I had so much treatment throughout the week to be ready for here and it paid off. It is fantastic to be leading the championship but it is only round one and it is early days still. The bike has been working well and we couldn’t have asked for a better start today. We are now looking forward to Oulton Park and getting the bike to work around what is a completely different track. Hopefully we can get there and come away with a very similar result.”
Hill finished in second during the opening race and earned 45 points throughout the weekend. Hill leads the series ahead of Byrne, with 41, and Stuart Easton, with 23.
British Superbike – Race 2 Results – Brands Hatch
- Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha)
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.142s
- Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +0.598s
- Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +4.463s
- John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +10.089s
- Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +11.984s
- Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) +13.048s
- Dan Linfoot (Sorrymate.com Honda) +13.897s
- Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) +18.431s
- Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +18.473s
British Superbike Standings
- Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 45
- Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) 41
- Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) 23
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 20
- Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) 19
Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com