The Repsol Honda team had another impressive testing session today in Sepang. Dani Pedrosa, Casey Stoner, and Andrea Dovizioso took all three spots at the top today during the MotoGP testing session. with Stoner and Pedrosa both lapping under Valentino Rossi’s 2009 lap record.
Honda’s RC212V took 5 of the top 8 spots yesterday, and proved again today that it is the fastest bike on the track.
“Since coming into MotoGP, this test together with the 2006 winter test on the 990 cc. bike, is the best pre-season,” Pedrosa said. “In 2006 I remember we had a very good last test that allowed us to face the first race well prepared and with a lot of confidence; and now it feels very similar. The bike is responding in the areas we need, although the first race is where you see clearly where you win and where you lose. I think Yamaha will be closer than they are now, so we have to keep an eye on them.”
Behind the Repsol Honda trio came the Factory Yamaha team. 2010 Champion Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies were the final two riders to finish below the 2’01 mark.
After Spies, another two Honda bikes finished making it 5 RC212V’s inside the top seven. The 6th and 7th place spots were taken by the San Carlo Honda Gresini duo Marco Simoncelli and Hiroshi Aoyama.
Noticeably absent from today’s MotoGP testing session in Sepang was Valentino Rossi. Rossi made it out to the track in the morning, but after feeling ill, returned to his hotel to rest up for day three.
MotoGP Testing Session – Day 2 – Sepang
- Casey Stoner – 2’00.171 – Repsol Honda Team
- Dani Pedrosa – 2’00.229 – Repsol Honda Team
- Andrea Dovizioso – 2’00.531 – Repsol Honda Team
- Ben Spies – 2’00.824 – Yamaha Factory Racing Team
- Jorge Lorenzo – 2’00.931 – Yamaha Factory Racing Team
- Marco Simoncelli – 2’01.033 -San Carlo Honda Gresini
- Hiroshi Aoyama – 2’01.439 – San Carlo Honda Gresini
- Colin Edwards – 2’01.738 – Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com