My first motorcycle was a Kawasaki, and I ride one now…35 years later. That first bike was a smoky old KX125 and I loved it. It was the first thing that I didn’t have to pedal. It turns out that now there are Kawasakis that you DO pedal.
It appears that Kawasaki is now looking to make cradle to grave brand loyalists. I thought I was the closest thing – not so. The Japanese company now offers everything from tricycles to push scooters; BMX competition bikes to full on mountain bikes. Some of these new pedal bikes have amazing full suspensions. Even the tricycles are suspended!
So what it boils down to is that you can effectively spend your entire two-wheeled existence on a Kawasaki. Here is the logical progression:
- Pedal a Kawasaki trike
- Catch your balance on a Kawasaki foot scooter
- Hit the track on a Team Green BMX bike
- Blaze trails on a full Kaw Mountain bike
- Get motorized on a Kawasaki dirt-bike
- Blaze into your twenties on a Ninja
- Log huge miles through mid-life on a Kawasaki tourer
Well, you get the idea. I just hope you love GREEN!
Here is a cool site from the Netherlands that shows the full range of Kawasaki pedal bikes: http://www.kawasakifietsen.nl/ksxspeedbikes.html
Written by Tim Kessel, Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com