Written by Dan Evon Courtesy of AllAboutBikes.com
Tom Sykes got his first victory of the 2010 British Superbike season today at Brands Hatch, and then he got his second. But Sykes wasn’t the only one to earn the same results during the last race of the weekend. Ryuichi Kiyonari and Michael Rutter finished second and third, making an identical podium to race two.
Kiyonari’s second place finish earned him the top spot on the overall leader board. Kiyonari is now 7 points ahead of Tommy Hill, and 10 points ahead of Josh Brookes.
Alastair Seeley still holds onto the final spot of the top six, even though he crashed out during the third race. Stuart Easton and James Ellison were able to gain a little ground, but the two Swan Honda Riders still have a lot of work to do if they want to find their way into the top 6.
British Superbike – Brands Hatch – Race 3 Results
- Tom Sykes (Kawasaki WSB)
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.563s
- Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +4.788s
- Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +6.531s
- James Ellison (Swan Honda) +11.804s
- Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +11.910s
- Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +13.927s
- Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +20.929s
- John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +21.181s
- Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +25.089s
British Superbike – Brands Hatch – Overall Standings
- Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 249
- Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 242
- Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 239
- Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 217
- Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 206
- Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 153